Located at the south end of Coogee
Level 1, 62 Carr st Coogee NSW 2034.
The Livingroom is perched above Barzura Restaurant | Cafe | Bar, and across the road from the Coogee Surf Life Saving Club.
Buses 313, 314, 353, 372, 373, and M50 service the bus stop at corner of Arden and Carr St.
Free parking on Carr St, Beach St and surrounds.
- Free mat hire if you do not have your own
- Blocks, bolsters, pillows and straps
- Foam rollers
- A place to put your shoes and bag
- Filtered water – BYO drink bottle
- Change room and bathroom
We often light incense or oils – please advise us if you have an allergy prior to the class.
Your first visit
Welcome to The Livingroom Coogee!
We hope you have a nourishing class at our sun-filled studio.
To make the most out of your visit, please keep these tips in mind:
- We supply mats, but you are more than welcome to bring your own.
- If you can, try not to eat an hour and a half before a class (life is busy, bananas are a great snack if you have to eat).
- Try not to over hydrate before a class—a little water goes a long way. We supply filtered drinking water!
- Bring a towel to overlay your mat if you sweat a lot.
- Bring a towel.
- While our classes are loosely divided between hatha or vinyasa, we suggest you go to the teachers pages to read about each teacher and decide which class may be best for you.
Each class is based on the same approach:
- taking you in and out of postures correctly and safely
- using the breath for its many purposes such as clearing the mind and helping with day to day life, or dealing with pain;
- balancing body, mind, and spirit to enhance all that you do in life.
Our teachers will guide you through the poses.
Please let them know if you have:
- an injury
- a weak or painful area of your body
- are pregnant
- or another type of limitation/consideration
so they will assist you with closer instruction.
“The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong”
— Swami Vivekananda
We are inspired by the teachings of Swami Vivekananda.